” Knowing is not enough; we must APPLY.
Being willing is not enough; we must DO. ”
(Leonardo da Vinci)
Meet our academic staff, tutors and technicians
Members can come to Innovation Wing and talk to our academic staff in Engineering. The following academic staff is available on roster basis:
- The Director of Innovation Wing (in the Innovation Wing office) – Oversees the overall management of Innovation Wing, including the venue/facilities/equipment/staff.
- Academic staff from departments (office right on the left side of the entrance gate of Innovation Wing) – Each department arranges their teaching staff to come on-site for one afternoon to meet with students and facilitate the arrangement of coaching and mentoring of projects in Innovation Wing.
- Associate heads of Innovation Academy (office inside the Innovation Wing office)– Manage the events and programmes organized by the Innovation Academy, such as InnoSpark, InnoEdge, InnoSharing, InnoShow, InnoHub, InnoChallenge and Student-initiated courses.
- Academic champion of Engineering in the InnoHub programme (office inside the Innovation Wing office)
Check out the following schedule and feel free to come and interact with our teachers.
On-duty academic staff in Innovation Wing
” Knowing is not enough; we must APPLY.
Welcome to the family of Innovation Wing! At Innovation Wing, you will have the opportunities to apply what you have learned from the lectures for novel and fascinating applications. You will work together with world-class scholars and researchers and other talented students on projects and competitions, bringing joyful and unforgettable experiences to your study. I am looking forward to working with each of you on your amazing journey.
Welcome to the Tam Wing Fan Innovation Wing, a place where we turn our ideals and dreams into reality! Please find me to talk about your dream and let me know how may our Innovation Wing helps. I am looking forward to seeing you around 🙂v
I am looking forward to meeting you to discuss your wonderful projects.
We are entering the “Age of Big Data” – an extremely large amount of information is created every day, which is revolutionizing science and technology, governments, economy, and international development. A variety of sources contribute to the Big Data, including the Internet, Wikipedia, social networks (e.g. Facebook), micro blogs, mobile phones, and cameras. How can we perform large-scale and effective analysis and AI on such an unprecedentedly huge amount of data?
Innovation Wing provides us with an excellent opportunity to put our great ideas into reality with the state-of-the-art facilities and collaborative space. Please do not hesitate to come to me and share with me your ideas, so that I can learn from it and work together with you to convert it into reality. I am eagerly looking forward to meet you in the Innovation Wing. See you soon.
If you are interested in the following topics of interest (please click to view the list), please feel free to approach me to discuss.
I am looking forward to seeing you around.
“The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination”
If you are interested in Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, Building Information Modelling, 3D Printing and other technology trends and ideas for the construction industry, please do not hesitate to approach me in the Innovation Wing. Look forward to working with you.
If you have any interesting idea in blockchain, fintech or cybersecurity, let’s have a talk and see what we can do!
I am working on AI, machine learning and IoT technologies and systems for smart elderly care and health care. Welcome students who have interest in such topics.
Hi, I’m T.W. Chim from the Department of Computer Science. Welcome to the Tam Wing Fan Innovation Wing! Wish you enjoy working there!
Hi, I am Dirk. I am happy to talk to you about my research interests and share my knowledge with you.
The time of your Phd is a unique moment in your career. You have the opportunity to focus all your attention on research, and to become world-leading experts in your own area.
I look forward to hearing your experience in this exciting adventure, and to share mine with you.
Luo received his B.E. degree in bio-engineering, as the top graduate, from the South China University of Technology in 2010 and his Ph.D. degree in computer science from the University of Hong Kong in 2015. He was a postdoctoral fellow in the Center of Computational Biology, McKusick-Nathans Institute of Genetic Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. Luo is a researcher working on 1) bioinformatics algorithm, 2) precision medicine, 3) metagenomics, and 4) literature mining. His research results have been published in peer-reviewed journals including Nature, Nature Biotechnology, Nature Machine Intelligence, Nature Communications, and Bioinformatics.
Innovation Wing has a multidisciplinary team of technicians. The team consists of technical experts from all departments in Engineering and has a wide range of technical skills. In most of our opening hours, you can find 4 technicians on duty in Innovation Wing. Feel free to talk to them if you need any technical support:
- Daily operation – On duty to support the daily operation, technical services, inspection, preparation, safety check, and stock check for venue/facility/equipment in Innovation Wing.
- Professional technical consultation – Provide technical supervision and consultation service (on machine operation, safety, design, and prototyping techniques).
- Maintenance – Conduct installation and maintenance work for venue/facility/equipment in Innovation Wing.
- Other duties assigned by the Technical Manager of Innovation Wing.
On-duty technical staff in Innovation Wing
Innovation Wing has a multidisciplinary team of tutors. The team consists of MSc students from all departments in Engineering and has a wide range of technical skills. In most of our opening hours, you can find 5 tutors on duty in Innovation Wing. They are knowledgeable, friendly, and kind and will be happy to chat with our members and provide the following support:
- Tours for guests – Host tours that feature inspirational visits to engage students, teachers, and visitors with Innovation Wing’s unique facilities, projects, and student communities.
- On duty – Assist with the provision of the facilities, equipment, and services in the Innovation Wing.
- Consultation – Provide consultation related to design and prototyping techniques for members of Innovation Wing.
- Training workshops – Develop operating guidelines for the facilities, equipment, and machines in Innovation Wing, in the form of video demonstration or user manual; and host regular training workshops for members of Innovation Wing.
- Other duties assigned by the Innovation Wing Office.
On-duty tutors in Innovation Wing
Calendar background color : Academic Staffs, Department Technicians , Tutors