The Innovation Wing Two aims to serve as an enabling platform for Engineering researchers to interact and collaborate synergistically with researchers and professionals across various disciplines to tackle grand challenges and deliver research outputs with significant impact to Hong Kong and global communities, and at the same time to share the Faculty’s latest research achievements/findings/outputs with the large HKU and Hong Kong communities in widely accessible forms for example exhibitions and talks on research topics.
It favorably considers applications for using its venue and LED wall for the relevant events/activities in the form of, e.g.,
- Research-related events/activities of the Faculty of Engineering and its departments;
- Joint activities for Engineering researchers to interact and collaborate synergistically with researchers and professionals across various disciplines;
- The application is open to academic staff in Engineering.
- Supervisor: The proposal should identify an academic staff in Engineering as the supervisor and contact person of the event/activity.
- Supporting staff: The proposal should identify supporting staff for the event/activity.
- Submission of application is welcomed anytime.
- The application should be endorsed by the Head of the host department. The endorsement assures mutual understanding for the allocation of department resources (such as academic supervisor(s) / technical staff(s) / helper(s)) for the event/activity.
- The application will be vetted and submitted by department representative. Department representative may give feedback to the applicants on the proposal.
Department representative in the Innovation Wing executive committee
|Department of Civil Engineering||Prof. J. Yang|
|Department of Computer Science||Prof SM Yiu|
|Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering||Dr. C.K. Lee|
|Department of Industrial and Manufacturing Systems Engineering||Dr. HH Cheung|
|Department of Mechanical Engineering||Dr. C. H. Liu|
Interested parties are welcome to submit a completed form at least two months before the proposed activity date. Please access the form by clicking below link. An email confirmation will be sent to the applicant’s email once the activity is approved. For any enquiry, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Floorplan of the exhibition area of Innovation Wing Two
Note: The exhibition items in the middle of the venue will stay there during the events/activities.
Facilities & equipment
Seating setup for events/activities in Innovation Wing Two (up to 40 seats)
High resolution LED wall
Dimension [W x H]: 6.6 x 2.4 m
Computer & Presentation Remote
Connected to the LED wall, PowerPoint presentation using the provided desktop computer is recommended.
Support the control of microphones and the audio output of the computer connecting to the LED wall.
Support mixed audio output.
Hand-held x 6
Clip mic x 2
- Upon receiving the application form form the department representative, the proposals will be reviewed by the Director of Innovation Wing and approved by the Director of Interdisciplinary Facilities in the Faculty of Engineering.
- Assessment criteria of the proposals are including but are not limited to the following:
- Relevance of the event/activity with research innovation.
- Relevance of the event/activity with the Faculty of Engineering or its departments.
- Objectives and potential impact(s) of the event/activity.
- Scope of the event/activity (i.e. International, University-wide, Faculty-wide, cross / inter-disciplinary, programme-based, course-based).
- Appropriateness of the setup, usage, and management planning.
- Adequacy of academic and supporting staff allocated from the hosting department.
- The feasibility of the access, logistic and security arrangement of the participants.
- Reserved on a first-come, first-served basis.
- The confirmation email is sent to the activity supervisor once the proposal is approved.
|Innovation Wing||The event / activity team|
Access control of the venue
Setup of Venue
Housekeeping / cleaning arrangement
Publicity of activity and its projects