Dear Participating teams of the generative AI hackathon for social good event,
It is our great pleasure to extend a warm welcome to all of you to the Generative AI Hackathon for Social Good event! At Innovation Wing, we are deeply committed to fostering innovation and supporting the brilliant minds of tomorrow. We recognize the incredible potential that each of you brings in, and we are excited to be a part of your journey in this hackathon.
Innovation Wing is not just a makerspace; it’s a community of innovators, problem solvers, and change-makers. We encourage you to make the most of this opportunity, engage with your fellow participants, and leverage the resources at your disposal to create solutions that have a meaningful impact on society.
(For the tech representative of the team)
- Workshop Title: Unleash Creativity with Generative AI through Open AI Engine and ChatGPT – Build Your Personalized Chatbot
- Instructors: Undergraduate students (AI interns) in Innovation Wing
- Target: The tech representative of the team (one tech representative from each team)
- Dates: October 6 (Fri), October 9 (Mon)
- Time: 6:30pm – 8:30pm
- Class size: 15
- Venue: Digital Learning Studio of Innovation Wing One
(For all participants and mentors)
We understand that innovation often requires the right environment and resources. As a token of our support, we are granting all student participants with membership eligibility in October 2023 to the state-of-the-art facilities and cutting-edge equipment available at the Innovation Wing. This will allow you to work on your prototypes, collaborate with your peers, and turn your ideas into reality.
- For student participants: Please follow the three steps below to obtain access to the facilities of the Innovation Wing.
- For staff mentors: Access to the Innovation Wing will be activated by office staff (with an HKU staff card) the first time they come to the Innovation Wing. The office staff will activate staff card access during office hours, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekdays.
Regarding support from the Innovation Wing for genAI hackathon participants who have completed the Inno Wing membership application and successfully passed the safety quiz on Moodle, please note the following:
- Independent Problem Solving: Students are encouraged to take the initiative in project development and troubleshooting. The expectation is that participants will address technical challenges on their own.
- Access to Facilities: You will have access to various facilities within the Innovation Wing, including:
- A collaborative environment for meetings and discussions.
- Utilization of the Makerspace.
- Access to the Digital Learning Studio (for details, visit here).
- Access to the 3D printers – PLA material (for details, visit here).
- Access to the Acrylic Laser Cutting and Engraving Machine (for details, visit here).
- Self-Sufficiency in Equipment Usage: It’s essential that students have a proficient understanding of how to operate the equipment available. Innovation Wing and the on-site staff will not be providing formal teaching or training on equipment usage.
Please feel free to make the most of these resources as you work on your projects during the genAI hackathon.
Step 1. Student registration
For students who are unable to access the Moodle of Innovation Wing, please contact the organizer of the genAI hackathon for social good event. Thank you.
Step 2. Pass a quiz on general safety and guidelines
On the Moodle page, you will watch an induction video, which includes
- an introduction to the facility and equipment of Innovation Wing One
- a presentation for the general safety, rules, and guidelines (Please refer to the following section for the rules and guidelines for Innovation Wing users)
After watching the induction video, students will complete on Moodle:
- a quiz on the general safety, rules and guidelines
Step 3. Make a reservation and start working
For enhanced scheduling efficiency, we encourage you to make a reservation before your team works at the Innovation Wing.
- Each booking session lasts for 4 hours.
- We maintain in each session a maximum capacity to accommodate up to three teams for work in the Innovation Wing.